Are you not getting the traffic on your website as you expected? Well, that’s a common issues for new starts and those who really don’t know about Google and its policies. So, you need to do it, either with a professional help from a company that offers search engine optimization Toronto, or by investing your time and money in the process.
Trust is a factor in Google’s ranking algorithm. Reputable websites that can be trusted get better rankings than websites of dubious origin. Google does not want to show low quality websites in the search results. Therefore, you need to convince Google that your business is for real and that your website can be trusted.
The main question is, how can you make it happen? Here are some ways to make your website trustworthy.
- Have Trustworthy Domains
Domain authority is the most important factor considered by Google. The question is which domain you should invest in.
Of course, it is possible to get high rankings with a brand new exotic domain, but it is more difficult.Old domains with a spam free history usually get better rankings than brand new domains.
If you can buy such a domain name, your business might benefit from it if the domain was used for similar businesses before. Follow these rules
- Order your domain with a renewal period of 2 or more years to show search engines that the domain is not a throwaway domain.
- Do not use exotic top level domains. If you are in the USA, use .com, .net or .org. If you’re in another country, use the official top level domain of your country.
- Do not use more than one hyphen in your domain (better avoid them at all). Domains with hyphens often look spammy, especially if they contain many keywords.
- Create a Trustworthy Website
How can you find out that a website you landed on is trustworthy? A trustworthy website has easy to find contact information. Dubious websites do not have any contact info at all or they hide it. So:
- Make your contact information easy to find.
- List your full address on your website.
- Get Trustworthy Links
Even if you have a new domain, Google will trust your site if it has many links from other reputable websites.Links from reputable websites are by far the best way to show search engines that your website is trustworthy.
- Links from high quality sites will have a positive influence on the Google rankings of your site.
- On the other hand, low quality links will damage your rankings.
If Google trusts your website then it will be much easier to get high rankings. Of course, your website still needs optimized web page content and good links.